Weddings are of course an expensive business and, with the gloomy economy it is easy to see why many Brides To Be are turning to the internet in search of their dream Wedding Dress. With a huge selection of gowns available, at rock bottom prices, I can totally understand why this might seem tempting. However, having met a few Brides recently who have bought their Wedding Dresses on line, only to be left disappointed, it is clear that purchasing on line is a false economy.
Whilst the experiences of my Brides have not been in the same league as some of the horror stories I have heard, nonetheless, they have paid good money for their Wedding dress which, on the face of it, appeared excellent value for money but which, in reality, and for a variety of reasons, was not fit to wear. In these instances, the Brides have unfortunately had no option but to buy a second Bridal Gown and never have the words “buy cheap, buy twice” rung so true.
So, whilst on the surface, the internet might seem like an attractive option, if you are contemplating purchasing your Wedding Dress on line, please do take time to consider the following potential pitfalls before you do so and please, please don’t become another Bride who is left disappointed and out of pocket.
In comparison, the experience & service you can expect to receive from Precious is shown in italics below and we hope you will agree that the differences are huge and demonstrate that purchasing your Wedding Dress from a “bricks and mortar” retailer has distinct advantages, especially considering we have a range of Bridal Gowns from as little as £299.00 and a selection of high quality Wedding Dresses in our sale, starting at £150.00. Remember – great prices coupled with great customer service, cannot be bought on-line!!
- Your Wedding dress doesn’t arrive on time or simply doesn’t arrive at all.
- We always endeavour to take delivery of our Brides gown at least 3 – 4 months prior to your Wedding to give you total peace of mind and allow plenty of time for any alterations that may be required..
- Your Wedding dress is of poor quality and / or poor fit.
- Visiting a “bricks and mortar” bridal retailer will allow you to establish the quality of your bridal gown and the fabrics and detailing firsthand and allow you the opportunity to try on dresses on to establish how each fits and the style that best suits your shape. Please don’t be fooled by internet sellers who are offering Designer labels (that you may have tried on at your local Bridal Boutique) at a fraction of the cost, as these may well be fakes and nothing like the images shown or the original.
- You may find yourself liable for additional, hidden costs, including Customs Duty, VAT and / or courier handling fees.
- There are no hidden costs at Precious and the cost of your bridal gown includes free of charge storage until the date of your Wedding, personal one to one advice and support from your initial order and throughout, steaming & preparation of your Wedding dress prior to collection to ensure it’s perfect and crease free, free of charge boxing service if taking your bridal gown overseas.
- No or poor customer service and after sales service.
- We pride ourselves on the high level of customer service we offer at Precious and are with our Brides “every step of the way”, offering assistance on everything and anything – from style advice to researching the hand luggage requirements of your chosen airline if you are getting married abroad. We are also able to offer suggestions on all other aspects of your Wedding, including the details of other local, reputable Wedding suppliers. Even after your Wedding, we are still able to offer assistance, such as the Cleaning & Preservation of your Bridal Gown.
- No alteration service available on-line.
- We offer an experienced, in house alteration service to ensure your Wedding dress fits you perfectly. Our seamstresses have over 40 years experience of working within the bridal industry and come with our highest recommendations. If buying from the internet, you would need to source your own seamstress / dressmaker to carry out any alterations and this may prove more difficult than you initially think, as many Bridal Boutiques are unable to carry out alterations on bridal gowns and wedding dresses that have not been purchased from themselves.
- You miss out on the wedding dress “experience”!
- Shopping for your Wedding dress should be a once in a lifetime experience – enjoyable & exciting! By purchasing your gown on line, you miss out on all the fun and excitement, not to say the advice and opinion of professionals who have been working in the industry for a number of years. And, after all, you can’t put a price on buying face to face from a “real” person who has a real interest in you and your Wedding and who is committed to ensuring that your dream Wedding Dress is of the highest quality and that you receive the highest levels of customer service.
For more information and to hear feedback from real life Brides who have experienced first hand the disadvantages of buying their Wedding gown on line, visit www.bridesaware.co.uk
For more information or to make an appointment at Precious, please call 0113 318 0027 or email email@example.com
Images courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net